What It Claims
This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibres are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.
$16(around Rs 800) + shipping
- First things first, this is the best damn brush there is to apply foundation.Unlike a stippling brush which can only spread liquid foundation, this baby can spread, smooth and buff liquid/cream/mousse/mineral foundation seamlessly and effortlessly.
- It has a sturdy design and construction.Not at all flimsy.A firm handle with a snug fit.
- It’s versatile and can be used with powder, liquid or mousse products giving different results for each one.
- It’s a combination of kabuki and buffing brush giving the best of both the worlds.
- The bristles are quite dense preventing the product from seeping deep into the bristles and causing any wastage.
- The hair is synthetic and super soft without feeling scratchy.Even after washing it 4-5 times it has retained it’s softness.Plus it has never shed even once while applying or washing(not even a single strand!)
- It’s perfect for blending and buffing cream based bronzers and highlighters since it does not leave any patches.
- Spreads foundation to give an even finish.
- Has the perfect size, not too big nor too small.
- It’s pretty darn expensive, specially because I would have to pay extra for shipping.
- Only available online.
- Though I love the dense bristles, cleaning them of product can be really tricky.Plus it takes a really long time to dry.
- It’s supposed to work great with all kinds of textures but I found that when used with powders it tends to pick up excess product for example setting powder which if I’m not careful to dust off, proves difficult to blend.
Ordinarily I would balk at the notion of buying such an expensive brush and that too online, but after using the Sigma F80 for almost two months I might just concede.It’s the perfect tool for applying foundation.It gives such amazing results and that too with minimum input.And ever since I’ve been using it, all I can think about is how to get hold of the other two siblings from the Synthetic Face Kit.The Sigma F80 has earned it’s place in my permanent makeup fixtures.Love It for it’s versatility and ingenious design.
You can purchase the Sigma F80 from the sigma website here.If you spend over $30 you also get yourself a surprise free gift.Or stay tuned for a Sigma F80 Giveaway coming soon.