I’m not much of a blush person.I only have a couple of powder blushes and most often than not I skip it.But when I saw this one I had to have.But not to appease my blush desire but to appease my pot desire (if you don’t know already I’m crazy about stuff that come in cute pots).Also this one was being touted as “THE” blush to try if you’re a dummy in the blush department like me.After much procrastination I went ahead and bought it.And I’m happy I did cause not only did it satiate my pot fixation but it actually proved to be “THE” easiest blush to apply and use.And it brightens up your face in a jiffy with zero efforts.I must say Maybelline is getting me addicted to their products high and dry.Read on to get my take on this baby and to learn an awesome dupe using it.
What It Claims
- Air-whipped mousse blush feels satin-soft on skin, glides on smoothly, and blends easily for seamless colour and a natural finish.
- Long-wearing formula provides luminous, long-lasting colour on cheeks without clogging pores.
Varies between Rs 180 and Rs 200 for 5.75g
It looks absolutely gorgeous and peachy pink in the cutesy pot
- Rose Petal
- Pink Frosting
- Peach Satin
- Soft Plum
- Cloud Nine
- Coffee Cake
How To Use
With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build colour intensity, apply more blush.
This proved to be impossible to photograph.It leaves behind a subtle pink sheen with teeny bits of glitter which reflect off light hence does not show up too well in the pics.
- It’s super easy to apply.
- It blends like a dream so you won’t end up with clown cheeks which is the basic problem with most cream blushes.
- The texture is awesome.Its creamy enough to blend but powdery enough to look natural.
- It has the right amount of shimmer which makes it convenient to use during day and it can be layered up to be used at night as well.Alternatively you can use powder blush on top of it to build the colour.
- It does not clog pores and the shimmer does not highlight pores either.
- It works like a wonder on both dry and oily skin albeit with a few ifs.
- It gives a lovely pinkish tinge to the skin which is all I ask for in a blush.Maybe it’s this particular colour.
- It can double up as a highlighter too.
- Delivers on most of the claims while being one of the cheapest blushes amongst its competitors.But then Maybelline always scores in this department.
- Although mostly it does suit both oily and dry skin, it tends to get absorbed more quickly by oily skin and does leave dry skin a tad patchy.Nothing major but still a con.
- Although it serves my purpose of a blush beautifully, this is not the colour you are looking for if you have a pale complexioned like me and want something more flashy.You could try out other shades in that case.
- The lasting power is the biggest problem for me.The colour stays put for a maximum of 2-3 hours for me at which point I have to reapply.Which would not have been a problem except that the colour fades away laving behind the shimmer.So if I reapply I’m left with more shimmer my poor face can handle.Ultimately I have to skip reapplication all together.Although in it’s defence I don’t apply a lot to begin with on fear of ODing on shimmer.
- You require more product for the colour to show which would have been fine except that the colour is directly proportional to the shimmer and I’m sure you get an idea of what happens if you layer on the colour.
- The pot packaging cute as hell, actually becomes a problem when the pot is halfway empty and it becomes difficult to take out the product without getting your nail beds dirty (or blushy in this case).Not to mention it is unhygienic too.Also the pot has to be closed properly or else the product might dry up.
These days I’m loving it so much that I’m thinking of hoarding all the shades all the cons notwithstanding but I do wish it were more lasting in which case it would have been “THE” blush to die for.
Dupe Using Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush
Scoop a tiny bit of the blush and mix it with your moisturizer and apply.It’ll make your skin all pink and glowy.Just make sure you use a tiny amount of blush if you want to avoid looking like a disco ball.