What It Claims
Banish the dull and tired look forever with the Radiant Glow Face Illuminator. A one of a kind product in India, this face highlighter gives the complexion a vibrant and perky look. The Radiant Glow Face Illuminator enhances makeup and brightens the complexion, giving the face a natural glow.
Rs 425 for 2.2 ml
- Love the concept of an illuminator pen specially since the YSL Touché Éclat is a bit out of reach.
- Handy to use packaging and travel friendly.
- The brush applicator is very precise for highlighting inner corners of eyes and brow bone.
- Easy to blend.
- Once it sets it stays put and thankfully does not transfer.
- You need a really minuscule amount for highlighting so the pen might last a while.
- For an illuminating/highlighting product it works more like a sparkle pen.Now who said that a highlighter has to have every shade of shimmer imaginable.The basic idea is to impart a healthy glow to the skin as if it's illuminated from within and not dupe a disco ball.
- No shade selection.It comes in a single gold champagne shade which might not go well with darker skin tones.
- The shimmer particles don't get absorbed by the skin and instead sit on top looking obvious.Might look ok on Disco Diva Night but not otherwise.No matter how hard you try to blend, the shimmer stays put.Like I said the best highlighters are those that impart a healthy glow to the skin whilst being invisible, and this one miserably fails to do exactly that.
- The pen packaging might be a nifty concept but this particular one is full of glitches(or did I get a defective one?) You need to click 5-6 times to get any product and then it suddenly spews a huge blob most of which you end up wasting.
- Way too expensive for a cham cham(read sparkle) pen given the quantity.Plus the packaging makes it harder to use the last scraps of product, which in my books is unthinkable.
It sounds good in theory but fails considerably in reality.The packaging could have been cute and practical but it never dispenses product when you want it to and you have absolutely no control over the amount it spurts.However the worst part is the chunky multi-hued glitter that just sits on top of your skin refusing to blend to give a natural finish (which is what they claim.)Might be a modern concept but the product is pretty old fashioned.In comparison The Body Shop highlighter is not only cheaper (Rs 595 for 25 ml) but comes in 3-4 shades and gives the most natural finish.I even found the NYX Mosaic Highlighter (read review) which is in powder form give better highlighting results.I'm absolutely Chucking It.
What's your go to highlighting wonder product?