I had read a lot about Aroma Magic products over the blogs and my curiosity lead me to my local departmental store hunting for their products.I was basically looking for a scrub and had heard a lot about their mineral glow scrub, but at the store the peppermint exfol gel caught my fancy.Why?Well it seemed more suitable for my sensitive,oily skin and claimed to contain AHA,which I'm currently obsessed with(more about that in my next post).So I went ahead and bought it even though I had no prior knowledge about it(meaning I had not read about it in the blogosphere).And I was so confident I went ahead and bought the 120 ml pack.
As you can guess from my tone, I'm regretting my purchase.
It comes in a tube packaging and is in the form of a transparent pink gel.Smells fresh and minty and is cooling on the face.
What it claims?
This gentle gel formula contains AHA a multi-fruit acid mixture that eliminates dead surface cells, blackheads and fine lines uncovering smoother and softer skin.Your skin will look amazingly revitalized in just one day.
Directions for use:
Apply onto face and leave it on for 10 minutes .Gently massage it off.Rinse afterward.
Extracts of Sage : The use of sage as medicine goes back to the Egyptian Civilization.It is known for its antiseptic and astringent properties with a camphor-like aroma.
Cornflower : It is known for its soothing qualities and it is therefore especially beneficial for sensitive skin and eye care products. The tannins in the extract provide stimulating and refreshing properties along with moisturizing effects.
Sugarcane, Apple and Grapes : These are rich sources of AHA(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which help to remove dead skin from the surface to reveal the younger and smoother skin beneath.
Essential oils of Peppermint, Orange and Lavender : Peppermint oil contains menthol which relieves skin irritation,Lavender oil contains esters which are anti-microbial and have astringent properties,Orange essential oil has detoxifying properties which help in various skin ailments.
Rs100 for 120ml
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Suits my sensitive skin to the T.No break-outs or allergy.
- Has a great gel texture which makes massaging face easy without any tugging.
- Does not leave face slippery after rinsing.
- Smells delectable(I'm a big sucker for great smelling products).
- Cost effective.
- For all it's claims, it does not help in removing blackheads at all, even though I have been using this product for a month and a half.
- The instructions are not clear.What do they mean by massage it off?I tried doing it but the gel was absorbed by skin and on massaging I had grubby looking stuff coming off.Plus I had to really tug and massage hard to get the stuff off.In the end I resorted to simply washing it off.
- Could not feel any exfoliation taking place which defeats the purpose of buying a exfol gel.I was only left with cleaner skin.
- Skin did not look amazingly revitalized in just one day.In fact it did not look amazingly revitalized even after one and a half month of regular usage.
- A big dollop of product is required otherwise massaging face becomes difficult.
Love it or Chuck it?
Well I'm definitely regretting not buying the mineral glow scrub.I really feel bad that the first product I tried from the Aroma Magic range turned out to be such a dud.Nevertheless I have not lost confidence in the brand.So I would Chuck it, for the time-being.I use this as a massaging gel these days instead of aloe gel and I have no complaints there, but I'd rather use the product for what it claims.