I’m a girl obsessed with my hair.I use packs, readymade and homemade, every chance I get and every time I get complimented for how shiny and healthy my hair looks I’m on top of the world.Although lately I’ve been working overtime to maintain my lustrous mane since I got them rebonded.I’ve been using Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue hair mask(prescribed by the stylist) every week and a homemade banana pack every other week, but since the Schwarzkopf pack costs 600 bucks a pop I was looking for a cheaper albeit good alternative.And I found one in the Himalaya Protein Pack.I chanced upon it while grocery shopping.It looked promising so I picked it up and I’m glad I did.
- 100 percent Herbal Actives
- Natural Proteins
- Extra Nourishment
- Stronger Roots
Rs 35 for 50 ml
- Chickpea: is an inexpensive and versatile legume.Chickpea flour is commonly known as besan and is widely used to treat hair fall, premature greying,dandruff and other skin and hair related ailments
- Wheat germ: Wheat germ is part of the wheat kernel and it’s oil is a fantastic health and beauty super food for its rich content of vitamin A, D, and E, as well as essential fatty acids, lecithin, protein, minerals, and vitamin B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6, and F.Wheat germ oil is a ceramide oil and a great emollient and will increase lost moisture to the hair while adding shine, strength, and softness. It has a pH of 4.25 which is perfect for hair care and keeping the hair cuticle closed and free of breakage.
- Amla: or the Indian Gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C and is beneficial in prevention and treatment of premature greying of hair and is an excellent conditioner.It also has cooling properties.
Use daily before and after hair wash.Massage gently on scalp and hair leaving it before an hour before shampooing.Apply to damp hair after every wash for all day extra nourished and stronger hair.
- The formula is great.It’s not sticky and thick which makes it easy to apply unlike homemade packs.
- It makes hair soft and hair was super silky after shampoo so much so that you can skip conditioning.
- It suited my rebonded hair and did not cause them to dry out or worse fall out.
- The price.It’s damn cheap for such an effective product.
- A great substitute for oil since it does not make hair sticky and makes shampooing easy and less messy.
- It smells ok not like some weird herbal product.
- It did slightly also help with my dandruff problem.
- Although it claims that you can use it after shampooing it is too creamy for that and it leaves your hair oily, especially if you have fine hair to begin with.
- It contains parabens as inactive ingredients so not 100 percent herbal as it claims.But then again almost every product contains parabens.
The price is unbeatable and the product delivers.It makes hair soft and shiny and easier to shampoo.I’m on my second tube and this baby has found itself on my list of products I can’t do without.A big thumbs up from me.
- 2 tbsp besan chickpea flour(besan)
- 2 tbsp amla powder
- 2 tbsp curd
- a few drops of olive oil if you have dry hair(optional)