What It Claims
A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
Rs 1050 for 5 gm
- First things first, I'm totally in love with the colour.It's a warm peachy shade with subtle gold shimmer and goes on great as a base.In fact it can be worn on it’s own without meddling and adding any other colour.
- Lasts all day long (and by day I mean easily 10-12 hours, though never tried sleeping in it), without creasing or fading, with the shimmer intact.
- Despite being cream based does not make eyelids oily or weigh them down.
- Even with it’s superman like staying powers, its pretty easy to remove using an oil based remover.
- Like I said it’s perfect to be worn on it’s own and can be easily worn during the day, and can be glamed up for the night.
- Only a teeny tiny bit is needed, making the 5 gm pot last forever.
- The colour is very buildable without being too OTT.
- Although I like using it as a standalone eye colour, it can easily double up as eye shadow base/ primer (though the more famous Painterly would be a better choice).
- The colour suits all skin tones.
- It can double up as an eyeliner and it totally livens up your eyes.Although use a clean brush to apply it.
- Does not irritate the eyes even when used as an eyeliner.
- A tad expensive.Maybelline has cheaper dupes but those are not yet available in India.But in its defense the pot does last forever.
- Not easily available.
- The product tends to dry up quickly if left unopened for too long.Mine has already shrunk from the sides.
- The product dries up and sets really fast, which makes application a little difficult with loads of tugging of the eye.After using it a couple of times I’ve changed my tactics and now I use a fluffy blending brush to apply instead, although I don’t get the desired colour with it.
- When applied using fingers, the product streaks a little.
Love It Or Chuck It
This cutesy paint pot is everything a gal wants in an eye colour.I love the peachy golden colour, love that it stays put forever and gives my eyes the much needed pop on a gloomy day.Yup its expensive and difficult to get your hands on but all good things in life come at a price and the effort is so worth it.The simpler Painterly version of the paint pot is more famous but that only works as an eye shadow base.So if you’re in the market for a paint pot, Id suggest grabbing either Coral Crepe or Rubensque( next on my hit list).Love it and cannot imagine life without it.
If you want to try out the homemade paint pot version check Dupe It Yourself: MAC Paint Pot/Eye Primer