What It Claims
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil could be used for lining as well as shadows. Containing mineral oils and powders, the pencil does not dry out your eyes and applies smoothly without pulling or tugging.
Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene,
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole,
Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.
Varies between $3 to $4
Oyster is a pale pinkish lilac with a frosty finish.Definitely not what I had in mind when I bought this.I expected it to be more glittery rather than frosty but it is more lavender than pink.Don’t hate the shade but not loving it either.
- Has a wonderfully waxy texture which makes application a breeze with no tugging involved.
- Easiest way of applying eye shadow, just swipe it all over your eyes and blend using finger tips.
- I have the one shade only but I found this to be pretty pigmented and buildable even though it is a lighter shade.
- The pencil is sturdy and the tip does not break off while sharpening even though it is quite soft textured.
- Excellent as a highlighter.When blended it gives off a lovely iridescent sheen.
- Doubles up as an eye brightening pencil.
- I have a major problem with eyeliners lasting on my waterline but this one stays put on my water line as long as I don’t deliberately wipe it off and that too with a makeup remover.
- Huge colour selection.
- Love the white chubby jumbo pencil packaging.
- The creamy and waxy texture makes the product crease like hell without a primer.I noticed a considerable amount of creasing with this shade so the darker shades would crease even worse.
- Finding the perfect shade from the swatches available on the websites is impossible.You are safe if you are buying the matte shades like black and white(they even have a matte red and yellow), but the shimmery and lighter shades are too difficult to gauge.
- The tip is really soft so needs constant sharpening for a sharper tip.
- The chubby tip makes using it as an eyeliner very difficult.
- Using the pencil straight on the eyelids gives a streaky application.
- Currently only available at a few select stores in India and online.
I had been caving for a Jumbo Pencil for a very long time and finally bought it from Shop Craze almost a year back.But I was so disappointed with the shade that I shoved it to the back of my drawer never to see the light of the day.It was actually salvaged by my sister who found it and used it as a highlighter a couple of months back.And I'm so happy that I rediscovered the product.I don’t use it as an eye shadow because I hate the lavender frosty colour and because it creases like crazy.But I make it work on the water line, on the corner of my eyes and as a highlighter.My recent change of heart has encouraged me to buy some of the other shades but only after careful shade research.Craved It and Chucked It, only To Love it again.