What It Claims
A multi award winning concentrated cleanser with two phase action to quickly remove daily grime , makeup (including stubborn waterproof mascara) leaving skin soft, smooth and radiant.
This plant-based cleanser has a 2-phase action, phase 1 is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make-up.
Phase 2 is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth, made from 100% cotton, to help gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.
Suitable for all age and skin types.
Directions For Use
- Fill a basin with hand hot water.
- Apply 1 or 2 pumps of Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser onto dry skin and use your fingertips to gently massage the cream over your face and neck.Work in circular movements from the centre of your face outwards.Massage over your eyelids and eyelashes to avoid spreading eye makeup over your face.
- Rinse the pure muslin cloth in hand hot water and wring it out so it's damp not wet.
- Use the muslin cloth to wipe off the cream using a clean section for each part of your face.Place a single finger inside the cloth to thoroughly clean more awkward areas such as around the nose.Be gentle around your eye zone when removing eye makeup.Rinse the cloth thoroughly during cleansing.
- Rinse your skin with cool water and carefully pat dry using a soft towel.Rinse the muslin cloth thoroughly and allow it to air dry naturally.
- Follow this routine morning and night then use Instant Boost Skin Tonic before massaging in Skin Repair or Superskin Moisturizer to finish.
Muslin Cloth Care:To keep your cloths fresh and clean pop into a 40 degree white wash after every 2-3 uses, allow to air dry naturally.
Naturally active ingredients include Rosemary, Chamomile, Cocoa Butter and Eucalyptus Essential Oil.
Does not contain animal ingredients, genetically engineered ingredients or mineral oils.
- 100ml pump starter kit(containing 2 pure muslin cloths and a zip-up kit bag) £13.25
- 100ml pump £11.75
- 100ml pump x 3 £32.25
- 200ml tube starter kit (containing 2 pure muslin cloths and a zip-up kit bag) £23.45
- 200ml tube £21.95
- Pure muslin cloths x 2 £3.55
Available at www.lizearle.com
- The best thing about this cleanser is the simple concept behind it: Hot Cloth Cleanser.It imbibes the best of cleansing and scrubbing by combining the cleansing cream with muslin cloth.The cleanser basically loosens up dirt and makeup while the muslin cloth effectively removes it, which is brilliant in it's simplicity.
- The formula is very gentle on the skin and feels light on the skin.In fact the product is gentle enough to be used twice a day without any problems.
- The cleanser is really concentrated so you need very little.One to two pumps is more than enough to cover your face and neck.
- Even though the cleanser is thick it spreads easily and does not leave your face oily.
- Despite the cleanser being a bit on the greasier side it did not cause any breakouts which I was afraid of the first time I used it.
- It leaves face super clean and well hydrated without the stretchy feeling left behind by facial cleansers or soap.
- It works as an excellent makeup remover.
- It smells wonderful and refreshing.At first I couldn't quite place the strong spicy note to it until it reminded me of the oil that is put on your palm before applying mehendi.And that's when it struck me that the spicy note is eucalyptus.
- Love the exotic ingredient list, specially because everything is natural and organic and lately I've been leaning towards greener products.
- The muslin cloth is simply awesome, the moment you dip it in water it becomes really soft but yet it manages to polish/exfoliate effectively.Easy to use, clean and dries in a jiffy.
- The pump packaging comes in very handy.It dispenses the right amount of product without any wastage and plus is hygienic.
- Hurray for no animal testing.
- Although it works great for my normal/combination skin, the polishing part might be a bit harsh for sensitive skin.In which case the muslin cloth should be skipped and the cleanser can be rinsed with warm water instead.
- The benefits of this wonderful cleanser comes with a heavy price tag, but considering you need a little amount it does prove to be economical in the long run.
- The muslin cloth has to be cleaned regularly to avoid bacteria infestation which is kinda tiring.
- Only available online.I really wish it were more accessible.A lot of people get turned off by online shopping and in this case they would be missing out something really good.
The answer is a simple Love It and can't imagine skincare without it.It takes care of cleansing and exfoliation in one simple step.I do use a scrub once in a while but lately that has become rare.After a hard day at work, I use the cleanser to pamper my skin and it removes every last bit of dirt and makeup.It prepares your skin for makeup by making skin super soft and supple and the foundation sticks better to your skin.Before I started using it I relied on Olive Oil and a Washcloth for some cleansing action but now there's no way that I'm going back.I'm addicted hook, line and sinker.
The first step is always the hardest and the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser takes care of that excellently.At the end of the day it is totally worth all the hoopla that it has garnered in the beauty blogging world.
For more information on Liz Earle check out my post: Peek-A-Boo: Goodies From Liz Earle
And for information on the Daily Essentials Range read: Introducing Daily Essentials From Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare
Please comment, I would love to know your HG when it comes to cleansers.