It took a really long time for me to find my HG face wash in Pond’s White Beauty Face Wash.But lately I’ve been having a spell of dry skin and plus I’m really bored of it.So wanted to try out something new.When I saw this one in the shelves I simply loved how it looked in the tube (yup I'm known to buy on such outrageous whims) and got it immediately even though I’m a bit vary of Lakme face washes (haven't got a very good history there).But I’m glad I picked it up since it didn't turn out to be such a big dud.
What It Claims
“Experience the quenching ability of Watermelon and Muskmelon extracts with this face wash that rehydrates every pore while the natural luffa fruit fibers gently brush away impurities.So you skin stays tingling fresh with the fragrance of natural melons.”
Directions For Use
Squeeze a small amount into hand and work into a rich lather.Massage on wet face.Rinse thoroughly with water.
Rs 70 for 50g and Rs 125 for 100g
- It’s a great face wash for dry skin.It cleans thoroughly without making skin dry and stretchy.
- It does leave a film of product behind after rinsing.But with extra splashes of water it does go away.
- It has these really teeny tiny particles(don’t know whether you can make out in the pics) give some scrubbing action.Although they are few and far between which suits me fine.
- I love the colour (its like liquid sunshine) and smell.It looks really good in the tube and it photographed so well (don’t make that a criteria for buying though).
- You need a lot of product for it to lather up.I know its not foam based but still.I have been using it for a week and I’m halfway down the tube.At this rate it won’t last beyond a month.
- I have my doubts about its effectiveness on oily skin since it did nothing for the area around my nose which gets pretty oily.
- I did find it a tad expensive if compared to Pond’s White Beauty.But then I’m always biased :)
Neither.Currently its suiting my dry skin so I’ll continue using it and it was a good change of pace but I’ll be looking at other options.If you have any pointers let me know.