What It Claims
This heavenly floral-scented, non-drying toner refreshes, soothes and brightens your skin. Gentle and alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture.
Suitable for all skin types
Directions For Use
Instant Boost Skin Tonic is the essential second stage of your daily regime:
Moisten a cotton wool pad and sweep over face and neck every morning and night after cleansing with Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser or using one of our special treatment masks. Whether your skin is dehydrated, oily, dull or congested, the nourishing and brightening botanicals will help to leave your skin feeling soft and looking fresh for longer. It also primes your skin perfectly for your choice of Liz Earle Moisturiser.
Alternatively spritz over face and body to revitalise at any time. The fine mist can even be used over make-up.
From The Website:
Naturally active ingredients include organic aloe vera to revitalise and soften and calendula, chamomile, cucumber and natural source vitamin E to soothe and refresh the skin.
At Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare we always try to use high quality, safe, naturally active ingredients.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.
- 200ml bottle £11.75
- 200ml spritzer £12.00
- 200ml bottle & 30ml spritzer £16.15
- 200ml bottle x 3 £32.25
- 50 ml bottle £4.85
- 30 ml spritzer £4.85
- It is free from alcohol which is the vice for most of the toners currently available in the market.No alcohol means that it won't leave your skin dry and patchy.
- It leaves behind a layer of moisturize which prepares the skin for further moisturization.At times I can also skip the moisturizer which would be a big no no with other toners.
- It is indeed heavenly scented.The lovely floral fragrance wakes you up in a jiffy.
- Naming it Skin Boost tonic is very apt since it definitely gives your skin a boost specially when you use it in the morning right after waking up.
- The packaging is pretty smart.The lid screws open to reveal a spout which dispenses adequate amount of liquid without spilling.It also comes with a spritzer which I'm sure would be even better than the screw lid bottle.
- It did not irritate my skin unlike other toners which leave behind a tingling sensation.It actually refreshed my skin.
- I'm obsessed with clean skin and the toner is great for using after cleansing to take care of any residual grime.In fact I use it religiously after washing my face and every time the cotton is left with some kinda grime from my face, not much but enough to satisfy my clean skin fetish.
- Judging from the consistency of the toner I'm sure it will work great as a makeup fixer.I haven't got a spritzer yet to try it out as a fixer, but will get back once I do.
- It can double up as a makeup remover.Since it's a bit more concentrated than other toners it traps makeup better and wipes it off your face without leaving skin too dry.
- Contains natural ingredients and my all time favourite aloe vera.
- No animal testing.
- Although the price is totally justified, it is still a bit expensive.
- Only available online.
- If you have extremely oily skin the sticky residue left behind might bother you.Though I would recommend using the toner with a damp cotton instead of a dry one to prevent the stickiness.
I love using toners simply because most of them smell so fresh.However I've never been able to use them to my heart's content since most of them dried out my skin.Enter Liz Earle Instant Skin Boost Tonic and all my toner woes are past tense.It's everything a toner should be: refreshing, gentle and invigorating.Most reviews I read complained that the toner left a sticky layer behind which actually for me is the best part about it.My skin these days is in pretty bad shape and I'm finding it impossible to find products that suit me, but this toner has definitely taken care of the toner department.For me this is definitely one beauty product that I cannot survive without.Love It. A perfect second step to the Hot Cloth Cleanser.
For more information on Liz Earle products visit their website:
or check these posts:
Peek-A-Boo: Goodies From Liz Earle
Introducing Daily Essentials From Liz Earle
What's your favourite toner?Have you tried the Instant skin Boost Tonic.Let me know.