What It Claims
"We have formulated a unique, high performance beauty must-have that delivers great results on all skin types. Sheer Skin Tint is our first step into effortless, easy to wear colour. It's a skin thing!" ~ Liz Earle
The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range.
How To Apply
Apply a little Sheer Skin Tint onto forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, then blend with fingertips over your face.
If you have oily skin, then apply a thin layer of the Sheer Skin Tint first and then build it up.
Because of the creamy consistency of the Sheer Skin Tint it is essential to let it sink into the skin for an optimal amount of time before proceeding with any other makeup.
I have the Bare Tint which suits my skin tone to the tee.It has neutral undertones without being too rosy or peachy.
|Blob of Sheer Skin Tint|
£21 for a 40ml tube
- Sheer Skin Tint is exactly what the name suggests, a sheer skin tint somewhere midway between a foundation and a tinted moisturizer.Sufficient to give an everyday light coverage.
- It has a rich and creamy texture but feels extremely lightweight on skin.
- Super easy to blend using fingers.
- Because of the creamy texture very little is needed.Though the product is buildable for more coverage.
- Great for evening out skin tone without weighing down your skin unlike a regular foundation.The Sheer Skin Tint easily covers light blemishes and red blotchy patches without being too obvious and lets your natural skin peek through.
- Gives a lovely dewy finish without excess shine which I absolutely love.
- While I was browsing thorough the reviews for this product, the one thing that kept coming up was that it is too creamy and greasy.Yup it is quite creamy and feels greasy when you first apply it, but that's because firstly its a moisturizer and moisturizers are meant to be creamy and secondly because it contains mineral sunscreen containing ingredients which act as a shield against the harmful sun rays and hence takes time to get absorbed into the skin.Sunscreens are always meant to be applied 15-20 minutes in advance and so is the Sheer Skin Tint.It eventually sinks into the skin to give a natural fresh finish.
- It easily lasted a good 3-4 hours in the Indian hot humid September, which satiates my need for long lasting, considering the weather.Would last even better in cooler temperatures.
- Love the gorgeous pearly navy tube packaging.
- Whenever I'm using this I skip moisturizer, sunscreen(unless I have to be outdoors for long) and foundation all together.Just a light layer of the Sheer Skin Tint and concealer and I'm ready to go.Makeup and skincare at its best.
- Superb for when you are travelling since it's easy to apply and comes in a tube which is easy to use.
- No breakouts since I have been using it.
- The First time, right shade by Liz Earle is an innovative concept.When you order this product for the first time by mail you will be provided with samples of all three shades so that you can try it before you open the full size product.
- Expensive(specially when you add shipping) and only available online.
- A bit too rich for oily skin.I hope they come up with a gel or light version for those of us with oily skin(like their Skin Repair Moisturizer)
- Though I love their First time, right shade concept, wish they had more shades for darker skin tones.And a light reflecting version would be awesome too.Plus the swatches are misleading.
This review has been long overdue but since I wanted to road test it under the harshest possible conditions(read hot crazy humid weather) it took time and the verdict is finally in: I absolutely Loving It.I have used up almost a third of the tube testing it out and ever since I discovered it's various virtues I have gone all Scrooge over it.
When I first heard about the Sheer Skin Tint I had a few Great Expectations (The Lust List) and they have more or less been fulfilled:
- Should smell as delectable as the rest of their products~Does not have any noticeable smell which is actually good, so CHECK
- Lightweight and gentle on skin~ CHECK
- Be a perfect blend of makeup and skin care~ CHECK
- Suit all skin types~ UNCHECK
- Shade variation~ UNCHECK
- Sun protection (judging from the image they have that taken care of.) ~ CHECK
- Keep up with the Liz Earle legacy of Naturally Active Skincare~ CHECK CHECK
Sheer Skin Tint is available at the Liz Earle Website:
So what's your take on the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint, please comment and let me know.